When Is A Leprechaun Not A Leprechaun ?

When It Is A Fairy In Disguise !

I took time out to create a leprechaun themed project just in time for Leprechaun Day which is today. This was for a fun challenge in an online craft group called 'Teri's Creating Corner' run by Teresa Bagnall on Facebook. Here are my little makes which are a complete play on things because as far as I know leprechauns are only male. I was thinking maybe the female character could be a degenerate fairy instead? Used a mix of digital & handcrafting to make the card and decorated jar.

Magically all the jam disappeared from the jar first.
I have no idea why the toaster was out either ?
To make the little jar project I used moss, a paper flower, a fussy cut leprechaun/fairy attached these to the lid centrally and added a printed backdrop. Once everything was in place I popped on the glass and then used some jute string to wrap around, tied with a little tag to finish.

The card was created by using a mix of digikits to create/build the background in Craft Artist 2 software. The beautiful leprechaun/fairy was downloaded as a png from festivalclaca (for personal use only). Once the design was complete I printed, cut and layered onto gold card. Sparkly gems were used to decorate the edges.
***
It is the first time I made a simple little jam jar project, so is rough around the edges and something for me to improve on in time, but it was great fun to do. A lovely way to upcycle an item and make a home decoration too. 

Hope you enjoyed seeing the project.
If you enjoy online craft groups why not pay a visit to Teri's Creating Corner.

Hugs
Heather
xxx

Comments

Popular Posts