The Versatility Of Washi Tape

... Sharing Ideas...

Hi everyone I recently treated myself to some 'Washi Tape' from a lovely UK based business called 'Crafts Shop' run by Karen who I discovered on twitter. It is a product I have not used in my crafting before but always wanted to try. So today I had a little play with some card ideas incorporating it into the designs & thought it would be nice for you to see. Whether you already have some in your own craft stash or were considering getting some ? 

I bought a plain gold and a mint and gold patterned set of tapes on this occasion, they do have some lovely tapes to choose from including Halloween, Christmas & more... It was great having the different widths of tape to mix up the designs, along with some mixed items from my own craft stash. The papers I designed myself and the little wooden snowflakes are from our shop, coloured gold with a glitter glue finish. The three different cards incorporate making mini bunting, a decorative frame around a topper and creating a decorative panel all using the washi tape. 

Using twine to make the mini bunting I cut lengths of the tape, folding it over the twine to adhere to itself and then cut to the length/shape I required.  Mixing the styles & widths of tape worked well for this project. Glued the bunting onto the card in a wavy style, card also decorated simply with Happy Birthday and a pretty flower.

For this card I printed out the paper and two copies of the topper, decoupaging the angel for added depth. Then added the washi tape to the edges of the topper to frame it. Also used the tape for a touch of added detail horizontally on the card.

The final card was created by sticking three strips of washi tape on a strip of white card which I mounted on to the blue background paper and embellishments were then added. 

***

I could have continued playing and no doubt will as I read a lovely idea on Karen's site about decorating tealight candles using the tape, which I think would look lovely. Whether you enjoy crafts, journaling, scrap booking, creating home decor etc this product is really versatile for so many things.

***

I do hope you enjoyed seeing how I used the tape and if you fancy a browse in Karen's online shop here is the link, just click below.

CRAFTS SHOP

More ideas coming to the blog soon - Hugs Heather xxx









Comments

Natasha said…
Beautiful cards Heather, and great use of the washi tape :)

Popular Posts