A Christmas Angel Or Two

Or Three Or More...
This week I set aside time to craft with a beautiful 'Christmas Angel' cutting die from Sweet Dixie (designed by Sue Dix). The focus was the Angel herself as she is so pretty, definitely the centre piece of any project. What I really like is that she suits Vintage style and contemporary, so whatever your style of crafting she will find a place.
I cut out quite a few as felt she would lend herself to a mix of projects... Honestly I want to keep playing as have some more ideas to try out but the chores beckon.
Mixing green & brown inks gave an aged look to this card. I also popped silver card behind & added a mix of embellishments to decorate.
Cut in white then mounted on a dark green background she really stands out.
I felt it was nice to colour her hair, face & arms but you could leave her just as she is.
Mixed inks again, contrasting against a cream & mustard cardstock.
I also added little pieces of beaded lace & some cherubs I made from a mold.
I also made a simple decoration as pictured in stages below...
This could be hung or create a little stand and have her on the sideboard.
How I made her
1. Cut out the angel twice in cardstock of your choice.
(I used pearlised white card)
2. Glue the bodies together, not the wings as you can adjust once completed.

3. Colour the Hair, face & arms both sides. 
(I used pencils)
4. Decorate with a mix of items from your crafty stash.
(I used tulle sewing it on utilising the die cut holes, then glued on bows & gems)
5. If required add glitter glue or glitter as well. 
(I painted the wings & halo with clear glitter glue to finish)
6. Use thread or twine to make a hanging loop if required.

This is the die, which we have in the online shop.
I have linked the picture so just click below & you can see it in store.
Hope you enjoyed seeing the makes
Just imagine lots of them cut out to use as bunting or to decorate presents etc...

I have a feeling she is not just for Christmas.
Crafty Hugs
Heather 
xxx


Comments

Popular Posts