Snowflake Fun

Hi everyone, I have been having snow much fun (pardon the pun) with a Snowflakes frame die set from Sweet Dixie, designed by Sue Dix. Today's blog post has three simple projects to show you, incorporating some of the dies in the set & a few ideas for you all.

Using different types of card, colours and mediums to mix things up.
This snowflake edged shape was cut using the main die in the set.
It measures 13.7cm width x 13.7cm length approx.
The set has 7 dies included with 6 assorted mini snowflakes ones too.
The largest in the set as shown cut out is great for a topper on a card etc.
(If you have a plain circle die of your own you could also cut out the centre).
For this sweet mini diorama idea I cut out the snowflake edged shape once in silver mirri card, scored & folded it in half. Glued on a circle of decorated paper from my stash sized at 10cm. Once dry folded again. Then it was time to decorate... Added a mini Christmas tree which I glued on and decorated using liquid pearls to make tiny baubles, mini white pompoms, diamond sparkles and a fussy cut puppy image. This sweet & easy project would be great to make with the children & as I am a big kid at heart , I have to admit I did enjoy having a play so it is definitely fun for grown ups too. 
This bright & colorful card idea combines purple & red toned inks which I blended onto the snowflake shape. Then when dry rubbed a little gold paste over. Glued on a sweet kitten image. Added a pink pompom and a little molded tree decoration that I made, along with a few gems for additional decoration. Mat & layered with white & gold mirri card to complete.
Then something a little more rustic, using some recycled card, blending brown inks, gold paste and adding a stamped sentiment I had in my crafty stash. For this project I also used three of the mini snowflake dies in the set  & another Sweet Dixie die called 'filigree star'. Mixing different die cuts together with added depth using foam pads can look really effective. 
***
I hope you enjoyed seeing the makes & ideas
If you have this set already I would love to see what you created with it ?
You can also find it in the shop here (subject to availability).
***
Thanks for visiting the blog, hope you enjoyed the ideas. 
More coming soon
Hugs Heather xxx





Comments

Wow. You have been busy! Sue's dies are lovely and you have inspired me to get my Sweet Dixie dies out and have a go. Thank you!
Thank you Melissa, that is lovely to hear have fun creating xx

Popular Posts