I like crafting in my car !

Hi everyone, you may be wondering what I was thinking of when I wrote the title? Well it is fair to say I now have a Madness song stuck in my head 'Driving In My Car'  and it is a little play on that. Anyway I digress, so back to what this post is about. I have been busy testing one of the products we stock in the shop. A great cutting die from 'Sweet Dixie' called Car (SDD368) Designed by Sue Dix.
This design has a lovely contemporary shape, which I really enjoyed working with. I used it to cut out matt black card, coloured paper and mirri card. Just to see how it would look with different finishes. Can you imagine as well if you have children / grandchildren or are involved in kids clubs, schools etc you could cut out a few of them in plain card and get them to create their own coloured in designs.
For this card I layered silver and black card, building up the car. Cut out some extra hubs/alloys to use for additional embellishment. Metallic silver gems added. For the backing paper I added word art to a paper that G&T Designs designed which worked perfectly for what I had in mind.
A practical idea included on this one, add some small sheets of paper for recording mileage or perhaps pop some personalised messages on each page.
A rectangular plaque created using one of the patterned papers from  the Sweet Dixie Oceania paper pad  along with the car.
This one is an idea for Father's Day with handwritten wording on the background.  You could also stamp or maybe create a scene for it to be in,
***
I could have kept going but have some other projects on the go so will sadly have to say that is it for now. Hope you enjoyed the ideas. If you would like to see the car die please click below.
We do also stock a motorbike die and there are lots more craft supplies to choose from as well.

Have a lovely week/weekend everyone
Hugs
Heather
xxx 



Comments

Popular Posts