A Magical Moon - Cardmaking and Diecutting Ideas

I have been creating this week to bring ideas and product insight here on the blog using a wonderfully whimsical die from 'Sweet Dixie' called Magical Moon. (Credit to Sue Dix the designer). It is intricate full of detail, cuts so well  and has plenty of scope to make beautiful projects with. We do stock this item in the shop along with many more craft supplies. I enjoy playing with inks, wax etc...so had a little experiment to show you two slightly different ideas/variations.
For the piece below I used a mix of plain black and white card stock cut to size . The moon was cut out in black card, then using my finger I gently rubbed pebeo empire gold gilding wax on it. I took two pieces of  the black card and sprayed with distress mica spray. Once everything was dry, layered up and used a few foam pads cut to size to raise the moon, placing it centrally. In many respects this is such a simple project yet looks so effective.
Then for the card below I inked the moon with a mixture of colours. Blending them together as I worked to give subtle colour changes. I also inked one piece of card.  Mounting the moon on to white card helped it stand out. If you look closely you can see a little sparkle on parts of the moon/ stars as well.  Card put together with matt and layering, black, white and inked card. Lace and gems also used for decoration.
Pictured together to show contrast.
We have a beautiful range of dies in the shop at great prices.
This is the one I used today.
Click below to see in store
Hope you enjoyed an insight into this great product along with crafting ideas too.
Look out for more coming to the blog soon.

Hugs
Heather
xxx







Comments

Craftychris said…
Ooh I love, love, love this die and your gorgeous cards! Have just hopped on to your Ebay site and ordered it! I have had a horribly sad weekend and this has cheered me up a little. Thank you. Stay safe. xxx

Popular Posts