Halfway To Christmas Already !

It Really Is And I am Covered In Pen, Ink & Glitter Too.
June 25th marks that point on the calendar when it is both a heatwave and halfway to that magical festive time. With that thought in mind this blog post has a slightly Seasonal theme. I used a highly detailed stamp from Crafty Individuals to make the projects you can see pictured below. The stamp is called Christmas Postage Stamps. This stamp is available in the shop along with a lovely choice of other ones too.
I stamped the image several times onto white card using Versafine ink.
Using a mix of coloured pens, coloured them in. Adding a little glitter on Santa's beard etc as well. Once the images were all dry I could incorporate them into the mixed media style makes shown in detail below.

For the tag I layered the coloured image onto shaped card. Tied some recycled ribbon then added some tiny pompoms, gems and embellishments. I also went a little crazy with the glitter gel on this one.

This decorative heart was fun to create...Firstly I took a slim shaped plain wooden heart and painted with a grey/blue acrylic paint mix. When dry I stamped it randomly using vintage photo ink on the stamp. Sprayed with an acrylic sealer. Added a tiny amount of gilding wax to the edges. Glued on lace, one of the handcoloured images along with ribbon, button and a gem. Twine threaded through to complete.
This rustic style card was a simple make... Kraft card cut to size with a length of hessian glued on. The stamp design coloured and placed centrally with a couple of old buttons repurposed to decorate.
***
These are just a few ideas...there really are so many possibilities from keeping it monochrome and mounting onto black card. Making gift tags, stamping boxes, wrap etc... I could have carried on for hours but the dog needed walking and truth be told there was an ice-cream with my name on it waiting to be enjoyed. 

I hope you liked the little insight into what you could create.
Take care everyone & look out soon for news about the June giveaway draw.

Hugs - Heather 
xxx









Comments

Natasha said…
I love these ideas Heather, and beautifully created :)
Craftychris said…
Beautiful Christmas projects! xxx

Popular Posts