A Crafting Experiment...

With a Doily Die

This week I have been experimenting with a Sweet Dixie die called Doily 5 - SDD262.  
I tried something a little different, using the die to cut out & create I guess what you could call a surface pattern stamp using a Stix 2 product called mount 'n' stamp foam

By placing the die-cutting side of it down on the foam and running it through the cutting machine, then easing the excess foam off leaving the stamp shape. This was my first time trying the process & honestly I do feel there is room for improvement & learning what will work, this took me two attempts. Overall I was thrilled with the stamped pattern achieved though. Shown in the photo below from left to right the die, foam stamp, die cut paper shape, stamped image (cut out) by hand & at the back how it looked layered with the image behind & die cut placed on top.
Shown below the die itself & die cut shape which measures 10cm x 10cm approx
Shown here the stamped image, stamp I created using the die, the die and die-cut shape.
Distress Oxide was my ink of choice and worked beautifully.
Lastly I made a quick card, this time using a mix of gold mirri & hand inked card. Layering the die cut shape twice at different angles and using foam pads for added depth.
I am a real fan of pattern and shape and this particular die from Sweet Dixie would I think be great for creating flowers, definitely hanging decorations, toppers as shown and mixed media pieces too.
***
Hope you enjoyed the post, more ideas / insights coming to the blog soon.
Hugs Heather xxx



Comments

Popular Posts