Crafting for Pleasure


Hi everyone, this week I spent some of my free time crafting for pleasure. I took part in a fun challenge on Facebook hosted by Teri of TeriBFantasyCrafts. Over five days I made one project a day, themed around a lovely mix of topics & themes. Below you can see the makes and a little detail about them.

Day 1 Hearts & Love 
I used watercolor card to paint a heart, leaves & flowers in pink, yellow & green. All cut out & attached. Decorated with rose gold glitter & mixed colour gems. Also added lace, ribbon, bow, die-cut butterflies & feathers. 

Day 2 Circles 
I made a mixed media wall hanging. Using a mandala stencil for the patterned circle blending blue, green, purple & brown coloured inks. Cut out, then added mini circular pompoms & some wool strands to decorate.

Day 3 Men 
I began by designing a digital mixed media piece in craft artist software layering & blending just over 20 items to make it. My thought process was inspired by one of my Grandfathers called Tom. He was such an interesting man with many a tale to tell & always had a sparkle in his eye along with an appetite & appreciation for life & all its adventures. He was so young at heart too, a great outlook to have. Once printed along with some papers, rustic embellishments & pearl drops I made a card. Credit to Foxeysquirrel & Daisytrail for some of the imagery used to create with.

Day 4  Flowers
I used a beautiful arty Hummingbird picture with floral detail as my starting point.
With credit to 'Melissa Lawrence Creative' whose art work I purchased from her Etsy shop. I wanted to make it into a mixed media arty piece. Printed the image twice, fussy cut some of the floral elements & birds, decorated them with gold glitter & decoupaged. Decorated the design further with flowers I had made using a mold, painted them to match the colours in the artwork. A few gems, pearl drops, white pen detail & a golden bow also added. Mounted onto two layers of coloured card to complete.

Day 5 Steampunk
I had some stamping fun with this project a mix of inks & added a little mica spray when making the background. Embellishments stamped & cut out, a little bit of colouring on the man & twine used to wind around the raised clocks. Upcycled an old pine frame with chalk paint which I sanded back & waxed too.

***
It was lovely having a different theme each day and there were videos to watch showing different techniques if you wanted to try them out. Lots of other crafters joined in and it was so nice seeing what everyone made. What I loved was whether a novice, intermediate or experienced crafter everyone was made to feel welcome and were encouraging each other.

If it is something you might like to be involved in Teri will be running other challenges in the future along with online workshops & more too she also has a Facebook group.

Hope you enjoyed seeing the weeks makes and I will be back to blog again soon.

Have a lovely weekend/week.

Hugs Heather xxx 

Comments

Popular Posts