A Beautiful 'Hippocampus' Seahorse.

Hi everyone, over the weekend I completed some Seahorse projects using a great stamp from 'Crafty Individuals' with a zentangle illustration style to the design. I wanted to show how they can look. Whether you keep the finish very simple or take a little more time colouring in the details. This stamp has 1x seahorse & 3 x shells to work with.


I used two different inks vintage sepia & silver to stamp with. 

The most detailed of the projects I coloured is this one. 
I printed some wood effect paper to use as a backing paper.
( I have put the jpeg paper below if anyone can use it for their own crafting).
Stamped the shells & seahorse using Tsukineko vintage sepia ink onto plain white card.
 Once dry, fussy cut the stamped images out. 
Using watercolour paints, blues, greens & gold I painted the images. 
Foam pads used to mount onto the backing paper & inked card. 
A few co-ordinating gems & a small bow to complete.

The project below was the stamped seahorse & shells with no additional colouring. 
Mounted onto the wood look paper & framed. Very neutral in its finish.

The final version was a light colourwash of blue & green watercolour over silver ink.
I added a little antique linen distress oxide blended over the top & edges. 
Again framing with some of the shells & a wooden paper background. 


You can find the stamp in our online shop plus many more beautiful designs from Crafty Individuals to choose from too. Great for creating beautiful & interesting Mixed Media cards, home decor & more.


Hope you liked seeing the beautiful 'Hippocampus' 
One of my favourite stamps from the great range available.

More ideas coming to the blog soon
Have a lovely week
Hugs Heather xxx 


Comments

Popular Posts