Getting My Groove On

Hi everyone I have been getting my groove on with some retro inspired colours for the latest craft ideas here on the blog. Tones of orange which is such a happy colour & brown sprang to mind when I was making them. Rustic, simple & made with a mix of inks, white & brown card, beautiful ornate die cut shapes, twine & embellishments. I added very little extra as the die cut is so detailed. You could go all out though if you enjoy mixed media adding other embellishments, lace etc...

The first idea below has a raised section (pocket) for holding notes.
You could pop magnets on the back & stick on the fridge or if you enjoy making journals maybe add in to that as a pocket section. 

The decorative die used to cut the circular doily is from our online shop.
Just one of the great range of Sweet Dixie dies we stock.

The other card I trimmed to size on my guillotine, along with an offcut from the die-cutting.
This created the curved top to the pocket section.

Once I had blended ink onto the pieces of card I sprayed them each with water which oxidised the ink. This created a lovely rustic & aged look. Left everything to dry then layered together using glue & foam pads for the pocket. Punched holes in the top & threaded some jute twine through to complete.


For the card below I used a die cut, small offcut of card, & a partial section of die cut.
Simply embellished with coordinating bow, gems & jute twine.

Hope you liked them, I have some more makes coming to the blog soon.
Thank You for visiting the blog.
Heather xxx 


Comments

Craftychris said…
Love these! The colours are lovely and muted and the die is gorgeous! Take care and stay safe xxx

Popular Posts