A Project In Progress... Sneaky Peek

 Hi everyone I am working behind the scenes on some new mixed media items & wanted to reveal one of them today. This currently remains a personal project & is evolving into what I hope will be part of a new category in the online shop later this year for handmade & hand finished items. My hope is to create lightweight embellishment packs for cardmakers & a few finished crafted items as well, that are a little different. So here is the first sneaky peek pictured below. 


Using a beautiful mould I purchased from 'Ellam Sugarcraft' a UK company I created this Vintage style mini frame which would be perfect for a centre piece on a special card or project.

The process:

I used hearty soft paper clay in the mold & this was dried for 24 hours

(This is very lightweight & perfect for gluing onto a card) 

Painted the frame by hand using a mix of good quality watercolours 

Added a gold patina to the ornate detailing using gilding wax

Chose a commercial use Vintage image - printed & cut to size

Glued into the frame & added glossy accents to glaze over the image

***

I really hope you enjoyed seeing it and will post again here on the blog at a later date regarding how project handmade / handfinished is going. As you can imagine there is a lot of work involved in planning & creating things but I have to say I am enjoying the challenge.

Heather

xxx




Comments

Popular Posts