R.I.P Spooky Season Mixed Media

Hi everyone with Halloween heading our way I thought it was time to share my latest spooky project with you here on the blog. It is simply titled R.I.P. Slightly quirky with a Gothic feel it was great to mix things up & let the dark side of my imagination lead me. Maybe the lady is a grave robber collecting skulls for a grisly disgusting spell ? I will let you decide what she is up to for yourself.

The piece was created using a mix of recycled packaging & card, paint, a printed scene, Some Sweet Dixie die cut inked gravestones with additional elements. Plus a little fake cobweb & spiders. Some of the image details I also hand coloured with pencil.


The image was put together in Craft Artist software by me with credit to Itkupilli & Foxeysquirrel whose kits I used when making it. I used an old slimlime A4 box cutting out an aperture from, painted with black acrylic paint & when dry glued shut. The image was glued inside & then built up some dimension with the inked gravestones & elements. Credit to Sue Dix for her great die designs. Additional colours had to be Gothic Halloween in style so green, purple, orange & yellow for the colouring & then finally the cobwebs strewn to finish. 


I did enjoy making this & although a little dark in theme I hope you enjoyed seeing something a little different on the blog. I have another small project underway so better get back to see if my sandpaper has dried yet? 

Have you made any spooky projects for Halloween?
I would love to hear, please let me know in the comments.

Ghostly hugs Heather xxx




Comments

Popular Posts